Friday, November 17, 2017

Reliability of business data seen online.

I do not have the guts to inquire regarding the inconsistency.  It may be  made part of an experiment next time.

Before coming down Manila, I browsed through hotel rates in the area around my destination.  Online reservation systems says, the rate at Eurotel Makati is around 1300 pesos a night.  Had I done online reservation for three nights, it would cost about 3900 pesos.  Because I do not have a credit card(My preference not to spend what I haven't earned yet made me say NO NO to credit card subscription), I cannot make an online reservation.  Anyway, I can just pay when in the hotel.

At the hotel, I learned that the cheapest overnight rate is 2300.00 pesos.  No choice,  I am already in.  It is making me wonder, is it really cheaper if the transaction is made online? 

No comments:

Post a Comment