Sunday, November 19, 2023

(Literal Translation of an Ibaloi song that I heard online on Mother’s Day)

Ever since I was a baby. My mama was not on my side. It’s because of her work in a place that is far away. She said it is for our life to be better. I cannot forget when I bid goodbye. I was so devastated. I have been counting the hours, since you have left me to fall. I cannot account the number of years that has passed. Mama, when will you be, be returned here beside us? Mama, please come home. I missed you so much. My father, he has been whom I have been with. He was the one who became my mother. He has been accompanying me, he has been watching over me, until these days when I am a grown-up. I have envied other kids. They have been with their mother and father. But my father said, my child, do not worry. We will be complete just the same. Mama, when will you be, be returned here beside us? Mama, please come home. I missed you so much. Mama, when will you be, be returned here beside us? Mama, please come home. I missed you so much. I missed you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment