Friday, July 2, 2010

Ibaloi Translations of some lines of President Noynoy Aquino's Inaugural Speech

The first step is to have leaders who are ethical, honest, and true public servants.
- Say primiran maamag, sota natulnog, alevan matu-og, tan tutuvan manserbi ira mangipangpango.

I will set the example.
- Na’k dag-en e panbasaran sha.

I will strive to be a good model.
- Na’k iparas ngoy kayak say sikak e koston panbasaran.

I will not break the trust you have placed in me.
-Ekak itulok jen masharal e talek jen in-akan jo son sikak.

I will ensure that this, too, will be the advocacy of my Cabinet and those who will join our government.
- Isiguradok jen sajay e pan-amag niya kadwak jen Opisyal, angken sota ira en-eshom alin opsiyal.

I do not believe that all of those who serve in our government are corrupt.
-Ekkak mammati tan emin jen too’n warad gobyerno jet “corrupt”.

In truth, the majority of them are honest.
-Say tutuva, shashakel era alevan matu-og.

They joined government to serve and do good.
-Piyan jan maishom si gobyerno say ira manserbi tan mangamag ni majat.

Starting today, they will have the opportunity to show that they have what it takes.
-Manshugi niman, waray chansa jan ipa-asas jen wara son sikara jota mayat jen ugadi.

I am counting on them to help fight corruption within the bureaucracy.
-Piyan kon en-tulong ira say akkalen e “corruption” shi gobyerno.

To those who have been put in positions by unlawful means, this is my warning: we will begin earning back the trust of our people by reviewing midnight appointments.

- Son sikajon babba-ngat jan nai-aknan ni akkem, sajay e kuwan ko, Mi idugin udi-en e talek ni to-o jet mi asse’n iya “midnight appointments”.

No comments:

Post a Comment